[Agda] [newbie] universe levels and BUILTIN EQUALITY

Thorsten Altenkirch Thorsten.Altenkirch at nottingham.ac.uk
Sun Jan 8 10:37:16 CET 2017

Sorry this was HoTT-speak. Dan already gave a good hint.

Another possible answer is that f : A -> B is an equivalence if for any
b:B there exists a unique pair of a : A and p : f a = b. As you see an
equivalence is an isomorphism / bijection with an extra coherence
condition about the equality.

Cheers,
Thorsten

On 06/01/2017, 15:12, "Wolfram Kahl" <kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca> wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 01:14:25PM +0000, Thorsten Altenkirch wrote:
>> At least in the case of equality this can be justified by the HoTT
>> definition of equality between types at level n to be equivalent to
>> equivalence (i.e. there exists a function which is an equivalence) which
>> is at the same level.
>
>I am used to ``_ is an equivalence'' being a predicate on relations.
>(The only function that, considered as a relation, is an equivalence
> in that sense is the identity function.)
>
>What does ``_ is an equivalence'' mean here?
>

>Wolfram

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.