[Agda] how to reference to a version

Sergei Meshveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Wed Dec 7 14:28:52 CET 2016

On Wed, 2016-12-07 at 07:46 -0500, Andrés Sicard-Ramírez wrote:
> On 7 December 2016 at 07:03, Sergei Meshveliani <mechvel at botik.ru> wrote:
> > (1) 2.5.1.1, 2.5.1.2   have Segmentation fault when running the test for
> > Application.
> >
> > (2) Development version of December 7 2016   looks all right at this
> >      (besides that type check needs the minimum of 7 Gb memory and 1 hour of
> > time).
> >
> > (3) I expect  that  Stable version on github   will show  running as (2).
> >

> > What Agda version need I to refer  in  announce.txt  and install.txt ?
>
> In GitHub there are two *development* branches:
>
> * master (this is what you call "Development version")
>
> * stable
>
> In both branches, the Agda version includes the hash the latest
> commit. For example, the current version in the stable branch is
>
>   $ agda --version
>   Agda version 2.5.2-dc9ffae
>
> Since there isn't a version *released* of Agda supporting your
> application, you could use the above version.

Suppose, I refer now to  Agda version 2.5.2-dc9ffae.

How the user finds this version?
How do I find it after a week?

I see the way (by clicking and copy-paste a command) of how to download
a) the current Development version
b) the current Stable version

But in 2018, the current stable version will not probably be
2.5.2-dc9ffae.
Right?
Then, how the user finds  Agda of 2.5.2-dc9ffae ?

Also if the Agda team stores persistently all stable versions and all
development versions, then, after 10 years, you have may be 5000
versions stored.
(because a new development version appears, probably each week).
And this is too many.
Am I missing something?

------
Sergei