[Agda] installing 2.5.1.2

Sergei Meshveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Tue Dec 6 21:06:40 CET 2016

On Tue, 2016-12-06 at 14:27 -0500, Andrés Sicard-Ramírez wrote:
> On 6 December 2016 at 13:40, Sergei Meshveliani <mechvel at botik.ru> wrote:
> > Well, I try to install it:
> >
> >   cabal update
> >   cabal install Agda
> >
> > leads the the report that all the needed packages are already installed,
> > it also mentions Agda-2.6,  and says that I can use --reinstall, if I
> > like.
> >
> > What might this all mean?
>
> It seems you are running `cabal install Agda` in the same directory
> where you installed the development version. You need to run `cabal
> install Agda` in a different directory.

I have
~/agda/oct4-2016/*
and
~/agda/2.5.1.2/*   to where I have untarred  agda-2.5.1.2.tar.gz.

I moved  .cabal/.../bin/agda, agda-mode  to saved versions
(they where of Development October 4),
and then command

  > cd 2.5.1.2
  > cabal update
  > cabal install Agda

And it has responded this strange thing.
Then I run

  > cabal install --reinstall Agda

and it is installed.

Earlier   > agda -V
reported "Agda version 2.6"
,
and now it reports  "Agda version 2.5.1.2".

My problem is that
1) I used  Development version of October 4  to make my application,
2) it is not type-checked by  2.5.1.1,
3) I need an official version which would make the application.

Now I wonder of whether 2.5.1.2  will do.
As it finally responds as "version 2.5.1.2", probably it is really
2.5.1.2.
And it is close to finish type-check. I shall see.

------
Sergei