[Agda] Ill-typed with construction

Jacques Carette carette at mcmaster.ca
Tue Nov 8 23:24:46 CET 2016

The page
https://agda.readthedocs.io/en/latest/language/with-abstraction.html is
extremely informative (thanks!), but the subsection
https://agda.readthedocs.io/en/latest/language/with-abstraction.html#ill-typed-with-abstractions
is a bit problematic in that it leaves off the most important part: how
to fix it!

This is motivated by a real breakage (still the categories library).
Try as I might, I simply cannot hand-write the correct "with"
incantation to fix the one that used to work pre-2.5, and now is broken
[1].  The example is very much like the one in the documentation linked
to above, just "more so" in that there are many more type-level
dependencies.

If someone could hand-write the correct helper function that fixes the
documentation, hopefully that would be a big enough hint that I can
figure this out myself.

Jacques

[1] last line of
https://github.com/copumpkin/categories/blob/master/Categories/NaturalIsomorphism.agda