[Agda] problems configuring haskell-mode and/or invoking cabal repl

Andreas Abel andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de
Mon Oct 24 12:02:57 CEST 2016

On 24.10.2016 02:03, Martin Stone Davis wrote:
> I'm trying to use the emacs haskell-mode to hack Agda but am getting
> warnings and errors. When I C-c C-l on a file, say
> src/full/Agda/Main.hs, I get a Compilation Error from the warning:
>
>> src/full/Agda/Utils/Map.hs:30:9-48: warning:
>> [-Wmonomorphism-restriction] …

I have not been able to use ghci or extended haskell-mode features for
hacking on Agda.  If you find out, please tell me how to do it!

I am using the command line compilation with "make install-bin test".

> Also, when I cabal repl --ghc-option=-ferror-spans I also get a bunch of
> warnings like:
>
>> Warning: Can't find file "dist-2.6.0/build/autogen/cabal_macros.h" in
>> directories
> I do have a cabal-macros.h but it's in dist (not dist-2.6.0).

The simplest workaround is to

   ln -s dist-2.6.0 dist

but remember to update this symlink when working on a different version
of Agda. :)