[Agda] stuck with "unsolved metas"

Andreas Abel abela at chalmers.se
Thu May 19 09:44:44 CEST 2016

I see, you are referring to

   https://github.com/agda/agda/issues/1079

In this instance, Agda inserts _too many_ hidden arguments, which it
cannot solve then.  Sergei has run into this problem before, see

   https://github.com/agda/agda/issues/1092

This issue can only be finally settled by drastically restricting the
use of hidden quantification, which would rule out many Agda programs
which are legal at this point.  So we don't.