[Agda] Haskell cost centers?

Aaron Stump aaron-stump at uiowa.edu
Fri Apr 15 23:11:29 CEST 2016

Dear Agda list,

I am trying to profile some Agda code (which I am having Agda compile to
Haskell) using Haskell's profiling mechanisms, and I am wondering if
there is a way to indicate Haskell cost centers in Agda source code.  I
can ask Agda to pass Haskell the flags -p and -fprof-auto, which is
great, but the code I am trying to profile includes some parts that are
getting rather blown up by the Agda-to-Haskell compilation, and so the
profiling execution time is very slow and profiling output is very hard
to read.  I believe this is because too many cost centers are getting
created by Haskell's -fprof-auto (but I am hardly an expert on that).
If I could assign my own cost centers, I am hoping that would help make
it easier to sort through all the information to see what is going on.

Thanks,
Aaron