[Agda] command line type checker vs interactive

Sergei Meshveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Fri Jan 1 13:51:17 CET 2016

On Thu, 2015-12-31 at 12:38 -0500, Andrés Sicard-Ramírez wrote:
> Emacs version?
>
> Which is the output of
>
>   $ agda-mode --version
>
> ?
>
> 1. Remove the directory ~/.cabal/share/x86_64-linux-ghc-7.10.2/Agda-2.5
>
> 2. Install Agda using
>
>   $ make install-bin
>
> 3. Use a clean .emacs only containing
>
>  (load-file (let ((coding-system-for-read 'utf-8))
>                 (shell-command-to-string "agda-mode locate")))
>

> Did you get the same error after loading
>
>   postulate
>     Foo : Set
>
> ?

I do the following.

1. Set  .emacs  to be

   (load-file (let ((coding-system-for-read 'utf-8))
                (shell-command-to-string "agda-mode locate")))

2.  > cd  ~/.cabal/share/x86_64-linux-ghc-7.10.2/
    > rm -rf Agda-2.5

3.  > cd ~/agda/dec31-2015
                       -- the directory from where Agda was installed.
    > make install-bin

This reports
--------------------------------------
Building clock-0.6.0.1...
Preprocessing library clock-0.6.0.1...
Clock.hsc: In function ..main..:
Clock.hsc:141: error: ..CLOCK_MONOTONIC_RAW.. undeclared (first use in
this function)
Installed regex-tdfa-text-1.0.0.3
Agda-2.5 depends on clock-0.6.0.1 which failed to install.

May be some package about `clock' needs to be pre-installed.
I do not recall what is a regular way to install the needed versions of
various related packages.
I install GHC from source, by compiling it with an earlier GHC version.
Need `clock' to come from the GHC source or from the Agda source?

------
Sergei