[Agda] More heterogeneous equality.

Jesper Cockx Jesper at sikanda.be
Mon Dec 14 11:10:39 CET 2015

Do you know of any type theory with level polymorphism that supports a rule
like that? I can agree that this would indeed be convenient in some cases,
but we should be careful of adding new unification rules whenever it seems
convenient. At least for the regular heterogeneous equality we have now, we
know that the elimination rule is equivalent with K.

For the record, my new unifier (see other thread) reports the following:

α != β of type .Agda.Primitive.Level
when checking that the pattern refl has type Set α ≅ Set β

I'm not sure if this is more or less understandable than the current error
message. At least it doesn't talk about a "heterogeneous constraint", of
which most people won't know what it means.

cheers,
Jesper