[Agda] how to run helloworld in agda

Ulf Norell ulf.norell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 06:46:27 CET 2015

7 seconds to build the Prelude and its dependencies (23 modules and 1500
loc) from scratch. 4 seconds of those are spent running the Haskell
compiler. Once that's done, changing Hello.agda and rebuilding takes 0.8s.

$ time ./Hello
Hello World
user 0m0.002s

In my experience Agda is around a factor 2 slower than comparable Haskell
code. Of course, in Agda it's much easier to get carried away and write
code that performs poorly.

/ Ulf