[Agda] Re: Builtins

Jesper Cockx Jesper at sikanda.be
Mon Apr 27 12:22:06 CEST 2015

The type theory used in the paper uses a simple hierarchy of fixed
universes Set0, Set1, ... and doesn't support universe polymorphism. In
other words, it doesn't have a Level type. It wouldn't be hard to add a
primitive type Level with terms zero : Level, suc: Level → Level, and max :
Level → Level → Level and corresponding expressions Set l : Set (suc l) for
l : Level, though the corresponding extra typing rules needed would take up
some more space. Here is a paper from last year about the same subject in
Coq:
http://www.pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~sozeau/research/publications/Universe_Polymorphism_in_Coq.pdf

Jesper