[Agda] Re: Builtins

N. Raghavendra raghu at hri.res.in
Sat Apr 25 12:19:01 CEST 2015

At 2015-04-25T09:11:41Z, Kirill Elagin wrote:

> As far as I know, it is only used for the `rewrite` syntax (and
> probably `primTrustMe`, but I don’t know much about this last one, to
> be honest).

Many thanks for the reply!

Yes, I'd seen the note that "The builtin equality is used for the new
rewrite construct and the primTrustMe primitive described below." in the
release notes.  Does it mean that if I don't use rewrite and
primTrustMe, I don't need to put the instructions

{-# BUILTIN EQUALITY _≡_ #-}
{-# BUILTIN REFL refl #-}

in my file?  Also, what's the relation between the "builtin equality"
and "judgemental equality"?

Cheers,
Raghu.

N. Raghavendra <raghu at hri.res.in>, http://www.retrotexts.net/