[Agda] A problem with instance arguments and function application.

Ulf Norell ulf.norell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:02:48 CEST 2015

You would think that Agda could infer that f x should have function type
when it's applied to y,
but the problem is it doesn't know if it should be an implicit or explicit
function space. The handling
of implicit argument insertion and implicit function spaces is quite
unsatisfactory at the moment,
which shows up in cases like yours. We are thinking about possible fixes,
but don't hold your breath.

/ Ulf