[Agda] fast DecTotalOrder

Sergei Meshveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Tue Mar 24 15:31:05 CET 2015

On Tue, 2015-03-24 at 14:42 +0100, Andrea Vezzosi wrote:
> It seemed like you only wanted the decision procedure to be fast, not
> the relation itself?
>
> (2) _≤?_ to perform fast,

Thank you.
Probably, yes.
Because the sorting function applies  _≤?_ for the proper result, and
applies _≤_ only may be in proofs.

So, may be, this my first approach will do :

   _≤_ : Rel Bin 0ℓ
   x ≤ y =  x < y ⊎ x ≡ y

   _≤?_ : Decidable _≤_
   x ≤? y  with  compare x y
   ... | tri< x<y _   _   =  yes $ inj₁ x<y
   ... | tri≈ _   x≡y _   =  yes $ inj₂ x≡y
   ... | tri> x≮y x≢y x>y =  no x≰y
                             where x≰y : ¬ x ≤ y
                                   x≰y (inj₁ x<y) = x≮y x<y
                                   x≰y (inj₂ x≡y) = x≢y x≡y
?

I have 1-2 days to accomplish the performance test for sorting.
Everything is ready, but I do not see the result on a real data!
Because I need fast  DecTotalOrder  and many different elements which
are put fast in a list.
Such a simple thing to arrange, and it resists ...

Thanks,

------
Sergei