[Agda] Re: Irrationality proof

N. Raghavendra raghu at hri.res.in
Sun Feb 22 15:13:13 CET 2015

Hi,

I've put the proof I've written for the irrationality of square roots of
primes at http://www.retrotexts.net/agda/My/Surd/ .  The files contain
an adaptation of Coquand's formal proof of the fact that certain primes
in cancellative commutative semigroups don't have "rational" square
roots.  I've also uploaded a definition of positive numbers, and will
soon add to it an Agda proof that square roots of prime numbers are
irrational.

There's nothing original or non-trivial in these files.  It's just a
project to learn Agda.  I've tried to use the stdlib as much as
possible, and enjoyed doing so.

Suggestions and criticism are welcome.

Cheers,
Raghu.