[Agda] Severe performance regression on master

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Nov 5 19:20:27 CET 2014

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 05.11.2014, 18:28 +0100 schrieb Andreas Abel:
> [Concerns Agda developers only:]
>
> Type-checking the standard library with master since recently takes
> twice as long than on maint, according to the benchmark.
>
> master:
> Typing                     130,272ms
>
> maint:
> Typing                      61,291ms
>
> If you pushed modifications to the type checker onto master recently,
> please benchmark Agda before and after your patch.
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas
>
> P.S.:  As a general guideline, when you run the testsuite before your
> push, also check for performance regressions!

for GHC, we recently started to set up a performance measurement tool:
http://ghcspeed-nomeata.rhcloud.com/

It’s not perfect, but it is off-the-shelve software at least, so if you
have a volunteer that knows a bit of python and django, and a quiet
machine, you can set this up as well.

Greetings,
Joachim

--