[Agda] Expanding literate Agda

Andreas Abel abela at chalmers.se
Mon Oct 13 10:01:22 CEST 2014

I am against overloading a file extension like .lagda.  I do not see why
it is necessary.  Since file extensions can be longer than 3 characters
(as it was in good old DOS times), we do not have to be frugal.

.lagda should be reserved for latex-agda, and we can have new extensions
for other literate Agda variants.

Note that inferring the file format also has to be implemented for the
emacs-mode and all other front-ends to Agda.  I shortage of (willing)
emacs-lisp programmers in our team, I'd like to avoid anything that
complicates the emacs-mode.

 From https://code.google.com/p/agda/issues/detail?id=508#c10
   I would like to see different flavors of literate Agda have distinct
file extension, such that no guessing is needed.  Maybe:

.agda.tex -- for LaTeX-style
.agda.md -- for markdown style
.agda.txt  -- for Bird-style

I am not sure if having a double extension is a good idea, though.  Maybe

.agda-tex
.agda-md
.agda-txt

instead?

In general, agda-* could be reserved for a version of literate Agda.

Cheers,
Andreas