[Agda] windows installation instructions

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 16:26:51 CEST 2014

On 10/07/2014 03:07 PM, Thorsten Altenkirch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some project students who struggle to install Agda following
> http://blog.codersbase.com/posts/2013-01-19-installing-agda-on-windows.html
>
> Why is this so complicated?
> Step 2: install darcs – shouldn’t this be included in the Haskell platform?
> Or is the compiler too old.

I don't think it should be in the platform but either way, Agda is now
on GitHub so just ‘git’ can be used.

> Has somebody simpler instructions?
> Or should they just use the not-one-step installer?
> (but it says it interferes with Haskell platform???)
>
> Is the plan here to put people off Agda by maling it sound more complicated to install it?
>
> Cheers,
> Thorsten

I think the instructions can be simplified to:

1. Get emacs with nice unicode font support
2. Get a Haskell environment (basically, get cabal-install)
3. cabal update && cabal install agda
4. agda-mode setup

But I don't have a Windows machine to tests these steps.

--
Mateusz K.