[Agda] Agda environment: Hackage, Hoogle, Haddock, Cabal?

Nicolas Pouillard np at nicolaspouillard.fr
Tue Mar 25 11:02:10 CET 2014

Quoting Tillmann Rendel (2014-03-24 22:02:48)
> Hi,

Hi all,

> Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
> > Are there plans to assimilate tools with functionality of Hackage,
> > Hoogle, Haddock and Cabal into the Agda environment?
>
> This would be great!
>
> Maybe a first step would be to define a notion of "Agda package" that
> consists of a bunch of agda files. The goal would be to say:
>
>    agda --package stdlib Main.agda
>
> instead of
>
>    agda -i$HOME/agda-lib/src -i. Main.agda
>
> This is intentionally a very modest goal, but I think it would be a step
> in a good direction.

Speaking of such a modest goal here my attempt at providing a *very modest*
answer for exactly this need:

  https://github.com/np/agda-pkg/blob/master/agda-pkg

As you can see this is a shell script of ~150 lines. It is by no mean a
definite design or implementation but it follows from the KISS principle
(used for Arch Linux packaging for instance).

Moreover, my feeling about reusing Cabal is: if one manages to reuse it
at a negligible cost then fine, otherwise I see no reason to stick with
such an infrastructure which IHMO over-engineered.

Best regards,
-- NP