[Agda] Agda environment: Hackage, Hoogle, Haddock, Cabal?

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 19:07:11 CET 2014

Greetings,

While Agda itself is great, the environment around it not so much. It's
difficult to find libraries online that do what we need, it's hard to
find the functions we need, we don't have much in the way of
documentation except looking up the papers and source diving and we have
no way to manage library versions etc.

Are there plans to assimilate tools with functionality of Hackage,
Hoogle, Haddock and Cabal into the Agda environment? Hoogle would be
pretty difficult to do for type signatures but it should be fairly easy
to look for function names. I don't imagine a Haddock-like thing would
be extremely hard to attach. A cabal-install thing would be awesome
although I'm unsure how hard that would be. We could probably re-use all
the Hackage code for an Agda version. Maybe we could even convince the
Hackage/Cabal guys to spare some space for Agda packages which would be
much easier than having to implement and host everything ourselves.

What do you guys think? Are there any plans already? Currently trying to
find a library which does what you want involves a lot of looking for
papers, then looking for (mostly dead) links to the code, e-mailing the
author when the code is dead/doesn't work… It's quite a pain.

--
Mateusz K.