[Agda] Error when compiling Agda from Darcs repository by GHC 7.2

Andreas Abel andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de
Wed Mar 19 15:51:19 CET 2014

I did not introduce this incompatibility by intention, but since I
switched to ghc 7.6 a while ago I did not notice.

If anyone cares for compiling with ghc 7.2 I can easily remove the
offending type class instance.

debian stable (wheezy) has now haskell-platform (2012.2.0.0) which is
based on ghc 7.4.1.  So maybe it is sufficient to support ghc 7.4 as
oldest version.

Funnily, according to the docs of ghc 7.6.3, this should still be an error.

http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/7.6.3/html/users_guide/other-type-extensions.html#implicit-parameters

  You can't have an implicit parameter in the context of a class or
instance declaration. For example, both these declarations are illegal:

   class (?x::Int) => C a where ...
   instance (?x::a) => Foo [a] where ...

That's a lie, obviously.

How can I find out when this feature entered ghc?  Does Agda compile on 7.4?

Cheers,
Andreas