Termination checker to blame for bad performance [Re: [Agda] long type checking times in the development version]

Andreas Abel andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de
Thu Mar 13 17:50:06 CET 2014

Currently the termination checker is very inefficient, so you can work
around this with --no-termination-check.

Having a couple mutually recursive functions with 10 arguments each
(hidden ones count) already blasts the termination checker.

It has been on my todo list for a couple of weeks to fix this, but I do
not get to it...

Cheers,
Andreas