[Agda] Re: panic error message on Windows

Aaron Stump aaron-stump at uiowa.edu
Thu Feb 20 16:59:16 CET 2014

Hi, Agda community.

Just a follow-up on my email of a couple weeks back, about a mysterious
"Panic" error message from Agda (see below).

It seems that on Windows 8, some other programs, like apparently Adobe
Acrobat, have a bad habit of changing the permissions of the Windows
temp directory to be read-only.  See this forum discussion, for example:

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/27720-set-permissions-user-appdata-local-temp-folder.html

Agda does not like this, of course, since it needs to write to the temp
directory.

This is not a bug in Agda, but rather bad behavior from other programs
in the Windows 8 ecosystem.  Just for others who may run into this.

Best wishes,
Aaron