[Agda] Haskell Platform and Agda on OS X Mavericks/xcode 5

James Chapman james at cs.ioc.ee
Thu Jan 30 19:12:25 CET 2014

Dear Andy,

I followed your steps and was able to get a working Agda. I think the
main difference with what I tried previously (apart from varying
degrees of paranoia) was that I have always used the 32-bit version to
save memory on this machine.

I just tested it again with the 32-bit version and got the same result
as before - I can install Agda but when I try to use it (e.g. type
checking something in emacs) I get a bus error!

I don't know at this point if this is Agda specific or not, but
certainly I was able to compile a new version of cabal-install and use
it to install Agda.

Thanks!

James