[Coq-Club] [Agda] Re: [HoTT] newbie questions about homotopy theory & advantage of UF/Coq

Frédéric Blanqui frederic.blanqui at inria.fr
Thu Jan 9 10:18:44 CET 2014

In fact, for this definition, you need no big ordinals. Iteration up to
the first infinite ordinal \omega (i.e. on natural numbers) is enough to
construct the semantics of [le]. But for types having constructors
taking functions as arguments, it is necessary to use transfinite
ordinals. For instance, with:

Inductive ord : Type :=
   | Z : ord
   | S : ord -> ord
   | L : (nat -> ord) -> ord.

The term (L f) where f is the injection of nat into ord has size (in the
models used in size-base termination) \omega+1.

Frédéric.