[Agda] Re: [Coq-Club] [HoTT] newbie questions about homotopy theory & advantage of UF/Coq

Cody Roux cody.roux at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jan 7 00:27:00 CET 2014

The thing about Coq is that it's very disturbing not to have a
Set-theoretic interpretation where Prop is the set of Booleans {True,
False}. Agda of course doesn't have these qualms, but the fact that this
issue appears in Coq without use of anything fancy (impredicativity,
etc) makes me still a bit worried. In particular there should be a
Set-theoretic model for Agda where Empty -> Box and Box -are- equal:
with a sufficiently clever interpretation of inductives, I believe I can
get [[Empty -> Box ]] = [[Box]] = { {} } (where {} is just the empty
set). Can someone with more Agda knowledge try to type the original
problematic term?

Hypothesis Heq : (False -> False) = True.

Fixpoint contradiction (u : True) : False :=
contradiction (
match Heq in (_ = T) return T with
| eq_refl => fun f:False => match f with end
end
).