Non-strictly-positive types [Re: [Agda] defining coinductive types]

Andreas Abel abela at chalmers.se
Wed Dec 18 21:29:27 CET 2013

My opinion on non-strictly positive types is the following:

If you have an impredicative universe, then adding non-strictly positive
types in this universe is ok, if not conservative.  The reason has been
given by Thierry:  You can use Knaster-Tarski to construct them, thus,
they are just a special application of impredicativity.

However, I would be surprised if you could add non-strictly positive
types to *Agda* as such, which would mean to add them to *every*
universe.  At least I would have no clue how to construct a model for
this theory.

Cheers,
Andreas