[Coq-Club] [Agda] Defining Coq(w/o Prop) in Agda using Induction Recursion

Edwin Westbrook westbrook at kestrel.edu
Tue Dec 3 02:06:55 CET 2013

(Sorry to be a little late on this thread…)

This is a very interesting link, thanks!

One question: it looks like these are predicative universes, and that this encoding does not really handle Coq’s impredicative sort Prop. Quoting Conor:

"This is rather unlike Coq, where there is one impredicative universe of propositions living at the base of the hierarchy, but allowing quantification over higher levels. Here, every layer of sets has its own distinguished fragment of props."

Thus, it seems like this is not really an encoding of all of Coq into the first level of Agda.

Do I have this right? Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
-Eddy