[Agda] If all functions (N->N)->N are continuous, then 0=1.

Altenkirch Thorsten psztxa at exmail.nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 28 09:28:24 CET 2013

I am puzzled again!

Clearly, this formulation of continuity is inconsistent with functional
extensionality because it makes it possible to observe an intensional
property of a function - its modulus of continuity. What is surprising is
that you manage to derive a contradiction w.o. using ext! So the wrong
formulation of continuity doesn't even work in vanilla intensional Type
Theory.

Thorsten

On 27/11/2013 21:56, "Martin Escardo" <m.escardo at cs.bham.ac.uk> wrote:

>   If all functions (N->N)->N are continuous, then 0=1.

That is a bit of a lie. What you are saying is if for all functions we
know why they are continuous, then 0=1.

I mean "is continuous" does sound like a proposition, doesn't it?