[Agda] Proving a + suc b == b + suc a

Jan Stolarek jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl
Thu Nov 14 12:23:24 CET 2013

Thanks. I think I'll take a look at least at some modules of the standard library. I just did a
proof that (a + suc b) + c ≡ b + suc (c + a) and the result looks like LISP:

+case4 : (a b c : Nat) → (a + suc b) + c ≡ b + suc (c + a)
+case4 a b c = trans (sym ((cong (λ n → n + c) (+suc a b))))
              (trans (cong suc
              (trans (cong (λ n → n + c) (+comm a b))
              (trans (+assoc b a c) (cong (λ n → b + n) (+comm a c))))) (+suc b (c + a)))

Janek