[Agda] Modelling term-rewriting systems in Agda

Jacques Carette carette at mcmaster.ca
Tue Oct 22 15:22:28 CEST 2013

On 2013-10-22 8:50 AM, Sergei Meshveliani wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-10-22 at 14:15 +0400, Sergei Meshveliani wrote:
> I am not sure that I understand the goal:
>> where you also prove properties like confluence (using critical
>> pairs)?

That was sloppy writing on my part: I mean exactly what you said. What I
wanted to convey is that confluence and critical pairs will be important
ingredients, so I need to understand how to represent these concepts in
convenient ways.  "representing concepts in convenient ways" is often a
rather non-trivial question in dependently-typed settings.

Jacques