[Agda] using Induction.Nat

Daniel Peebles pumpkingod at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 03:13:18 CEST 2013

My first inclination for your repeated halving is to switch to a
representation where your work is structural Data.Bin comes to mind, and
you could write your exponentiation algorithm on Bin values, then convert
back and forth on the way in and out as a wrapper. It'd probably be a lot
more efficient, too.

Alternately, since the conversion to Data.Bin is doing well-founded
recursion of the sort you need, you could use it as an example. The real
work is done in Data.Digits, and you can find more at
http://www.cse.chalmers.se/~nad/listings/lib/Data.Digit.html#2612.