[Agda] Windows/Linux versions of Agda

Aaron Stump aaron-stump at uiowa.edu
Wed Sep 4 15:30:42 CEST 2013

Hi, Nils.  Thanks for this reply.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 4:26 AM, Nils Anders Danielsson <nad at cse.gu.se>wrote:

> On 2013-09-02 21:36, Aaron Stump wrote:
>
>> 1. It would be very nice if the Windows installer was kept up to date
>>    with the Linux distribution.
>>

> I agree. I think that Makoto, who has been maintaining the Windows
> installer for the last five years or so, would be happy if someone else
> could take over.
>
> While we're discussing the Windows installer: I would like to know if
> you like it as it is (modulo the font issue), or if you would prefer a
> variant that didn't include the Haskell Platform and Emacs.

For undergrads here, it would absolutely be best to have a single installer
that pulls down everything needed for running Agda: Haskell Platform,
Emacs, Agda, and DejaVu fonts (if possible).  This means that one can
install Agda with a single download, without a lot of other software
already required to be installed.  It will greatly increase the chances
that the average student here (and I don't think this is an atypical
situation for US undergrads) will be able to get Agda up and running
without a lot of hand holding from us.

Thanks a lot,
Aaron