[Agda] Windows/Linux versions of Agda

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 18:41:59 CEST 2013

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Aaron Stump <aaron-stump at uiowa.edu> wrote:

> Hi, Jason.
>

> On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Jason Dagit <dagitj at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Aaron Stump <aaron-stump at uiowa.edu>wrote:
>>

>>> This took about a day to do (with my light knowledge of the Haskell
>>> platform), because I had to install an old version of the Haskell platform
>>> (haskell-platform-2012.4.0.0), which in turn required an older ghc (7.4.2).
>>>

>> Do you remember why you couldn't use the latest Haskell platform? Perhaps
>> understanding this could turn into a valuable improvement for the HP.
>>

> Yes, see the transcript below for what happens when I try to use Haskell
> Platform 2013.2.0.0 with GHC 7.6.3 to install Agda 2.3.0.1 via cabal.  It
> seems the problem is that the installed base library (containing the
> Prelude, it seems) is too recent for Agda 2.3.0.1, and apparently the
> Haskell Platform is not allowing installation of a version of the base
> library that satisfies the constraints in Agda.cabal for 2.3.0.1.  As I
> said in my original email, I worked around this by installing an older
> Haskell Platform, but this took some effort.

Thank you for providing more detailed information.

I misunderstood before. I thought that there was an issue installing the HP
2013.2.0.0. I see now that the problem is with installing Agda.

For what it's worth, I bet you could `cabal unpack Agda` and edit the cabal
file to relax the constraint on base. If that works you might be able to
build your own windows installer.

Thanks,
Jason