[Agda] list of types

Altenkirch Thorsten psztxa at exmail.nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Apr 15 17:59:52 CEST 2013

Thank you, Twan.

Actually "All" is the "vertical" List functor.

What I mean is the following: there is an equivalence between
	A -> Set
and
	Sigma[ X : Set ] X -> A

this is a trivial instance of the Grothendieck construction between
families and fibrations.

(by equivalence I mean an isomorphism upto isomorphism).

Hence given a P : A -> Set, we obtain (X , f) : Sigma[ X : Set ] X -> A
and applying List/map we get (List X, map f) : Sigma[ X : Set ] List X ->
List A
and now going back along the equivalence we get List A -> Set which is
equivalent to All P.

One useful consequence of this observation is that it gives you a way to
do All for any functor.
Given P : A -> Set we obtain All_F : F A -> Set. Would it make sense to
implement the generic version
in the library?

Thorsten