[Agda] Stymied by a proof irrelevance requirement

Dan Licata drl at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Apr 3 17:46:07 CEST 2013

That 'subst' at a constant function is the identity is definitely part
of the computational story about homotopy type theory, but I don't have
anything implementable for you yet.

BTW, the HoTT answer to Jacques' original question is that,
if you uncurry it, your singleton constructor takes
something of type Sigma y:A. x = y, and this type
is contractible, and therefore any two elements of it
are equal (see e.g. here
http://homotopytypetheory.org/2011/04/10/just-kidding-understanding-identity-elimination-in-homotopy-type-theory/
)
So the proof irrelevance that you're using here is really valid for all
spaces---it's not necessary that the identity type be treated
irrelevantly.

-Dan