[Agda] Agda on ghc-7.6.2-candidate

Serge D. Mechveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Thu Jan 10 09:15:03 CET 2013

Hello,

This is on installing  Agda-2.3.2, MAlonzo  on  ghc-7.6.2-pre.

ghc-7.6.2  is coming and asks for testing its candidate
                                              ghc-7.6.1.20121207.
So, I have tried to install Agda-2.3.2, MAlonzo  from source on
ghc-7.6.1.20121207,
-- with  ghc-7.6.1.20121207  made from source  on Debian Linux.

Everything looks as installed, but the final use of

  agda -c $agdaLibOpt Main.agda

reports
  Compiling  Level ...
  No such file ... not found  FFI.IO
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I do not recall the precise expression for the underlined part).
Main.agda  includes

  open import Foreign.Haskell
  open import IO.Primitive
,
and it looks like FFI has changed its place in this GHC candidate,
may be, it will return to its place in the official  ghc-7.6.2,
I do not know.
If Agda is going to deal with ghc-7.6.2, may be it worths to see what
is the matter with this ghc-7.6.2 candidate.

Regards,

------
Sergei