[Agda] Classical Mathematics for a Constructive World

Andreas Abel andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de
Mon Dec 17 21:13:40 CET 2012

Nice slides, Peter!

Here are some remarks that came to me while reading your slides.
Cheers,
Andreas

slide 21

   It does not make much sense to define a Top-elimination rule.  In
natural deduction, there is no such rule; it is an artifact of defining
Top as a data type.  The definition as record

   record Top : P where

clearly does not give an elimination rule.  (I understand that you do
not want to go into records in this tutorial, but maybe drop the
Top-elim rule.)

slide 22

   If you start with conjunction and negation, should not be classical
implication be defined as

    not (A and not B)

slide 34 3rd bullet

   n * 3 == n + n + n  needs induction on n, the wording on the slide is
a bit misleading.  Simplification alone does not suffice.