[Agda] Classical Mathematics for a Constructive World

Peter Divianszky divipp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 16:44:43 CET 2012

Hi Martin,

Your way of thinking is quite convincing.
First I was totally convinced and relieved but later I became suspicious.
I have two concerns:

A)

I would like to use Agda with --safe.
I would like to do classical math with

A \/ B = ((A + B) -> 0) -> 0
A => B = (A -> 0) \/ B
etc.

or use R instead of 0.

Suppose that I have a classical sequence which cannot be defined in
(N->2). Then I can't use your theorem with that sequence.

I wish that your theorem was stated more general such that it could be
used with both (N->2) and classical sequences.

B)

Couldn't your way of thinking be turned against yourself?
If you let others decide the meaning of (N->2), then your statement may
not be the translation of the classical infinite pigeonhole principle
any more.

Suppose that later I would like to use your theorem with OTT,
parametricity, homotopy type theory or other development. The less your
theorem says the more the meaning of it may change, am I right?

Thanks,
Peter