[Agda] laziness damaged

Jeffrey, Alan S A (Alan) alan.jeffrey at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Oct 17 15:40:31 CEST 2012

My suspicion is that Agda is being lazy on the proof objects, but unevaluated lazy objects still come with a cost. The run-time still has to build thunks for each of the unevaluated proof objects, and those thunks may end up being quite large (and also keeping other pointers live, so the garbage collector can't do as good a job).

The JS back end is strict, and will probably perform even more poorly than the MAlonzo back end.

A.