[Agda] termination proofs

Jacques Carette carette at mcmaster.ca
Mon Sep 24 22:07:45 CEST 2012

"natural" is hard to define.  I guess I would first pursue the ideas
mentioned in this MO question
http://mathoverflow.net/questions/69229/proof-strength-of-calculus-of-inductive-constructions

and then look through the FOM archives
(http://www.cs.nyu.edu/mailman/listinfo/fom/) for posts by Harvey
Friedman.  He's been spending the last umpteenth years proving that
simple-sounding combinatorial statements require ever crazier cardinals
to show that they define total functions.   By making the combinatorial
statements quite 'simple', he hopes that these will also be 'natural'.

Jacques