[Agda] Poll: Mixfix and parametrized modules --- which behavior would you expect

Altenkirch Thorsten psztxa at exmail.nottingham.ac.uk
Mon May 14 10:18:54 CEST 2012

Indeed I run into this problem when defining setoid like structures with

record Setoid : Set₁  where
field
  set : Set₀
  _~_ : set → set → Propoid

A way out of this (suggested by Darin Morrison) is to use instead

  [_]_~_ : set → set → Propoid

but then we need to fix this for the declarations of refl, sym and trans.

_~_ : set → set → Propoid
_~_ = [_]_~_
  field
  refl : (x : set) → prf (x ~ x)
  trans : ∀ {x}{y}{z} → prf (y ~ z) → prf (x ~ y) → prf (x ~ z)
  sym : ∀ {x}{y} → prf (x ~ y) → prf (y ~ x)

but it would be better if one wouldn't need to do this. However, I am not
sure wether it is safe to assume that the hidden parameter can always be
inferred. And the change would break the [_]_~_ declaration.

Hmm I guess we could still define

Thorsten