[Agda] Do-notation with mix fix binders?

Dominique Devriese dominique.devriese at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 11:28:23 CEST 2011

I use something like this in my paper "On the bright side of type
classes: Instance Arguments in Agda". You can define

  syntax bind m (\ x → c) = do x ← m then c

and define

  do_then_ = _>>_

but the result isn't extremely nice, requiring you to write do on
every line and the "then"'s everywhere. You could maybe replace the
"then" with a semicolon or something to get something slightly nicer.
But essentially, you can't get Haskell's layout-sensitive syntax in
this way and as such, a nice solution would require building this in
natively in the parser, similar to Haskell.

Dominique