[Agda] Overlapping patterns in function definition -- strange behavior

Anthony de Almeida Lopes anthony.de.almeida.lopes at falsifiable.net
Thu Jun 16 17:22:19 CEST 2011

I was thinking about this the other day as well. I can't comment on
Agda but older FP languages (before Haskell) used to take the the most
specific patterns first. So, in your case they could be ordered by
specificity zero, (suc n), n. In that case "n" wouldn't match
anything. I think Hope is the languae I'm thinking of. Haskell on the
other hand uses what's defined first. Anyone want to explain Agda to
us?

- Anthony