Study type theory in Europe [Re: [Agda] curious]

Anthony de Almeida Lopes anthony.de.almeida.lopes at falsifiable.net
Mon Jun 13 18:08:09 CEST 2011

2011/6/13 gallais @ ensl.org <guillaume.allais at ens-lyon.org>:
> The Parisian Master of Research in Computer Science (MPRI [1]) has a
> lot of type theory / logic related courses and all its lectures can be
> taught in English if at least one of the student ask for it (and no
> French student ask for it to be in French and nothing else which never
> happened this year).

It seems like may have looked at this before, but I'll have another go
at it. I also checked Marie-Curie and they have courses in English but
also a French requirement.

> I don't know of an undergraduate program that would contain only type
> theory related lectures but the one in Lyon [2] gives you strong basis
> on various subjects (lambda calculus, computability and complexity
> theory, (parallel) algorithms but also system & networks...) which
> allows you to attend the MPRI lectures without being lost.
> I think that the lectures can be in English but you should check (It's
> true for the Master's lectures in Lyon but I don't remember if it is
> also the case for the undergraduate's).

Well, I it sounds interesting (I don't mind studying other theoretical
CS topics as well!) but the website seems to be completely in French
even when you click on English. I'll see if I can get it to cooperate.
Do you, by any chance, happen to have a contact there that I could
connect with?

- Tony