[Agda] Process: how to extend the Agda standard library?

Christoph Herrmann cah20 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri Jun 10 19:04:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

I need to use algebraic laws on integer numbers such as right identity and commutativity in
the attached file. I could not find a comprehensive set of definitions in the Agda standard library
so I am thinking about how to obtain them.

It seems many of the proofs concerning the semiring properties can make use of the proofs on
the natural numbers by a comprehensive case distinction, folding/unfolding of the definition,
congruence and refl. Is anyone aware of a generator tool which does such tedious things
automatically or does anyone have an idea how to do this without a comprehensive case
distinction?

Anyway, I would like to make the proofs for the properties I am defining available for
everyone in the Agda library. How does the process work? I assume such changes need to be approved
by one of the main Agda developers to avoid messing up the library.

Best Regards