Broken Interaction Tests [Re: [Agda] Re: Syntax for anonymous functions]

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at chalmers.se
Tue May 31 10:21:48 CEST 2011

On 2011-05-31 09:01, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> [...] but GHC sends the progress info to stderr and MAlonzo sends GHC
> stderr to a dead pipe, so it is not output. It appears that this was
> changed in GHC 7, which now sends the output to stdout, so I suspect
> the problem is a GHC version thing.

Right, I remember this change. In Agda.Compiler.MAlonzo.Compiler I wrote
the following:

   -- Note: Some versions of GHC use stderr for progress reports. For
   -- those versions of GHC we don't print any progress information
   -- unless an error is encountered.

> Anyway, perhaps an idea for a fix: maybe there is a way to pass "-v0"
> as ghc option just for this test case? Nils, maybe you know by heart
> how to do this from GHCi top?

There is no support for this at the moment. Another comment (from
Agda.Interaction.GhciTop):

   -- All options (except for the verbosity setting) are reset when a
   -- file is reloaded, including the choice of whether or not to
   -- display implicit arguments.

Furthermore --ghc-flag is not a pragma option.

Feel free to modify the interface.

--
/NAD