[Agda] Agda beginner's problem

Andrea Vezzosi sanzhiyan at gmail.com
Fri May 13 14:21:55 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Christian Sternagel
<christian.sternagel at uibk.ac.at> wrote:
> Wow. That was fast. Thanks for the hint with C-G (I do not use emacs that
> often). In the ghci buffer I found

> (/usr/lib64/libncursesw.so: file too short)

This usually happens when /usr/lib64/libncursesw.so is a linker script
rather than the actual lib, the linker used by ghci can't handle
those.

> But I don't know what I can do about it.

I'd usually make /usr/lib64/libncursesw.so a symlink to the actual
library, which should be named like /usr/lib64/libncursesw.so.x.y.z
where x, y and z are the components of the version number.
This is not the cleanest solution since you're messing with files
managed by your distro, but it's been effective for me.

The good news is that they seem to have fixed this bug in these days