[Agda] Agda beginner's problem

Christian Sternagel christian.sternagel at uibk.ac.at
Fri May 13 12:45:10 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I just wanted to give Agda a try. Unfortunately, after following the
instructions from http://code.haskell.org/Agda/README, more specifically:

   yum install haskell-mode # I'm on fedora 14 (64 bit)

adding the following lines to my ~/.emacs

   (load "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/haskell-mode/haskell-site-file")
   (add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook 'turn-on-haskell-doc-mode)
   (add-hook 'haskell-mode-hook 'turn-on-haskell-indentation)

and then issuing

   cabal update
   cabal install happy alex haskell-src-exts-1.9.6 Agda Agda-executable
   agda-mode setup

At this point the haskell-mode for emacs works. But as soon as I try to
open a *.agda file, emacs hangs and is irresponsive. Has anybody
experienced similar problems?

cheers

chris