[Agda] Proposed Agda feature: non-canonical implicit arguments

Andreas Abel andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de
Fri Apr 1 16:32:28 CEST 2011

Excellent!

Thanks for addressing issue!  Your solution is quite similar to Agda 1
type classes.  Nothing has been moving on this front, so I am very glad
someone picked up this issue.

Are you coming to the Agda meeting (starting next Wednesday)?  Then you
could present you proposal and discuss it with the developers.

   http://wiki.portal.chalmers.se/agda/pmwiki.php?n=AIMXIII.ProgramEtc

In your paper you are addressing the question of a logic programming
engine to find instances and proofs.  Indeed, I think such an engine
would be useful if it sensibly restricted (no recursion) and also only
succeeds if there is a *unique* instance.  In case of proofs (see the
irrelevance feature) uniqueness is not important, but surely in case of
inferred programs (as it is with unification now).

Cheers,
Andreas